News

NOTICE: Due to the State of Emergency caused by the novel Coronavirus-19: Per the direction of Mayor Hollaway, all in-person meetings of the Town Council, Planning Commission and ARB are cancelled until until further notice, with very limited exceptions for only legally-required time sensitive matters. Public meetings will be conducted electronically via Zoom until further notice. Contact the Town Clerk for additional details.

Calendar

Stacks Image 60105
Clifton has maintained the charm and feeling of a Norman Rockwell painting. The town has been around since the 1700's—initially as a plantation and earlier as Indian hunting grounds. The railroad started Clifton on its way to the town we know. The Civil War played an important part in the journey also. During the war Clifton was known as Devereux Station. In 1868 Devereux Station became known as Clifton Station. In 1869 a Post Office was established and the town started growing with stores, schools and a community feeling. On March 10, 1902 Clifton Station was established as a town by Charter from the General Assembly.

The small town of about 200, affectionately referred to as the “Brigadoon” of Virginia, has been favored by US Presidents (Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes and Theodore Roosevelt.), First Ladies (Nancy Reagan), Supreme Court justices, Congressmen, Senators, and other notable Washington celebrities.
Stacks Image 144537
Stacks Image 144547
Stacks Image 144545
Stacks Image 144543
Stacks Image 144541
Stacks Image 144539